Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mini Road Trip

So, it hasn't quite been six months, so I did better than my last post... I think. It turned into an extremely busy summer. My brother purposed and was married in less then two months (no it did not bode well with my poor mom). Although it was short notice, I was able to get a lot of practice and build a better photography portfolio because of it (who says weddings are for the bride). I was able to take their engagement photo's (Yay first couple to add to the portfolio), some wedding photos, and make two cakes - the wedding cake and the grooms cake. Now, I couldn't possibly show all the photos I want to, so we will begin at the beginning, and more will come with future posts. I said I'll start at the beginning, the engagement photos.

I live in Provo, Utah right now, where I'm going to school. My brother and his now wife live in the Idaho Falls area. So to take the engagements I had to take a mini road trip. Now I tend to love, love, love evening light, so we took them in the late evening, beginning in Rexburg up at BYUI and ending in my home town on some railroad tracks, and yes, the lighting was worrying me the entire time. First it's to harsh, and then in a rush, it's to dark and picture time is over. I was also nervous because I didn't know the area of BYUI and had no way to plan anything or any spot. Let's just say it was my most stressful shoot I've done.

But they got done, and my brother seemed to really be happy (they can't complain too much, free photographer). So what do you think for my first try?

No comments:

Post a Comment